OPEN CALL TERMS & CONDITIONS 2019
Open Call for artworks from North West based arts degree graduates. Work covering any subject or theme may be submitted, and we accept works of all media. The entry may be a degree show piece or another piece, but must be a recent work that reflects the artists current practice.
Shortlisted artists will be exhibited in a curated group show at Paradise Works in August 2019. Shortlisted artists will also be entered for a chance to win a Curator's Choice prize of £100, and a solo show offered by our sponsor Cass Art in their Manchester store exhibition space. Please read and make sure you fully understand all of our Terms and Conditions before considering applying for the open call.
OPEN CALL GUIDELINES:
1. Artists applying must be graduating class of 2018 or 2019, from a North West based university. We accept applications from both BA and MA graduates.
2. Art work submitted must be high quality and gallery ready, with install method clear on the work or with clear hanging instructions provided by the artist if selected to be in the exhibition.
3. Artists may enter up to three works, with a maximum of 3 images/media per submission and a limit of 2 MB each. If submitting a video, audio or documented performance piece, please ensure you send the full version of the content in your submission.
4. Work will not be accepted if submitted outside of the given time frame – 15/03/19 – 01/06/19.
5. Online entry fee of £5 must be paid for application to be accepted.
Work will not be accepted if these guidelines are not met.
If you have any questions concerning these guidelines or your submission, do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
ENTRY FEE PAYMENT
1. Please ensure you are happy with your submission before sending, as you will not have an opportunity to change it later. You must ensure you have fully completed the application form for your submission to proceed to selection. Please ensure you have included images/media in your application, or we cannot accept your submission.
2. In order to be taken to the online entry form, you must add the £5 entry fee on the initial application page. You will have 20 minutes to complete the form on the website, and will be redirected to PayPal once the form is complete and you are ready to proceed. You will not be able to submit your application successfully if the fee is not paid.
3. The applicant entry fee goes towards helping Short Supply fund future projects, and allows us to provide a £100 cash prize for the Curator’s Choice Winner selected by the judging panel. This award is announced on the show’s opening night.
Please note: there will be no refunds issued for entries that do not make it through the selection process. All payments are final.
Work will be put forward to a professional judging panel including Bren O'Callaghan (Curator, HOME Manchester) and Precious Innes (Artist & Curator, Show. Me. Up.) who will review the submitted work. We have the right to refuse work if it does not meet the terms and conditions. Unfortunately, due to time constraints, we will not be able to provide feedback on your application. The decision of the judging panel is final. Artists will be notified of the outcome of their submission shortly after selection process.
Artwork must include a suitable hanging system or display for example – mirror plates, plinth etc unless an alternative hang has been discussed and accepted in the selection process.
Display options will be discussed with curators for digital, audio and sculptural work – artist may be asked to provide plinths or digital display units etc.
All work delivered must be properly packaged and have a tag with the artists name and title of the work on the packaging. We ask all artists to label the work with ‘Artists Name, Title and Medium’. This can be attached via a luggage tag or adhesive label.
Artists must provide the same artwork as submitted to the open call, any other work presented which has not be confirmed by the judging panel must be collected by the artist.
Artwork will be delivered and reviewed before the hang, if the work is not at a gallery standard it may not be included.
DELIVERY OF ARTWORK
Artists will be given a time slot in which they can deliver the work to the gallery, work must be delivered in person, or by an arranged courier discussed with the curators at an earlier date.
All works will be condition checked upon arrival. Any works that arrive damaged will need to be removed by the artist.
COLLECTION OF WORK
All costs of delivery when returning artwork will be the artists responsibility, funding and costs must be covered by the artist. No funding is available towards transportation.
Artists will be given an allocated time slot to collect the work from the gallery, any art work being taken by courier must be arranged prior to the collection date with curators.
Condition of the artwork will be checked and logged before collection.
Paradise Works shall have no responsibility whatsoever for any loss, damage, destruction, deterioration or wear, including damage to frames caused to a work submitted for or exhibited during the exhibition. Insurance of the artwork during transportation and hanging is the responsibility of the artist and we advise all artists have relevant insurance when exhibiting at the gallery.